Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 11:12:54 +0300
From: Dmitry Selyutin <ghostman.sd@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: readdir(3): behavior on descriptors with O_SEARCH

Hi Markus,

thank you for your reply!

> POSIX doesn't know O_SEARCH or O_PATH, and thus mandates nothing about
> their meaning.
POSIX 2008 with 2013 corrigenda mentions both O_SEARCH and O_EXEC.
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/open.html

> Try strace(1). That should tell you what glibc and musl are doing
> differently. For instace, whether glibc removes O_SEARCH from the fd.
Thank you! I'll try it and report the results here.

FWIW it does not seem to be correct that O_SEARCH can be equal to O_PATH;
from what I gathered from manuals and various mailing lists discussions,
O_SEARCH may be equal to O_EXEC since each of these flags is valid either
for directory or file respectively.
28 авг. 2016 г. 10:11 пользователь "Markus Wichmann" <nullplan@....net>

Content of type "text/html" skipped