Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 17:58:22 +0100
From: Raphael Cohn <raphael.cohn@...rmmq.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: RUSAGE_THREAD

On 28 June 2016 at 17:52, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 04:00:45PM +0100, Raphael Cohn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm in the process of compiling ZFS on Linux against musl. ZFS seems to
> > make a few slightly glibc-like assumptions, one of which is the use of
> > RUSAGE_THREAD. Musl seems to lack a definition of this in sys/resource.h.
> > Is this deliberate?
> >
> > Glibc defines RUSAGE_THREAD as 1, but musl already uses this value for
> > RUSAGE_CHILDREN (glibc sets this as -1). What would be the correct value
> > for RUSAGE_THREAD with musl?
>
> Maybe this is incorrect in musl then. Can anyone confirm? The values
> are determined by (i.e. have to match) the kernel.
>
> Rich

I've grabbed the 4.6 linux kernel sources. A quick grep suggests
include/uapi/linux/resource.h  defines it as 1. Additionally, in this file:-

RUSAGE_SELF is 0 (I believe this is also the value musl uses).
RUSAGE_CHILDREN is -1
RUSAGE_BOTH is -2 (not in glibc; not mentioned in the getrusage man pages I
have).

What does anyone else think?

Content of type "text/html" skipped