Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 11:25:18 -0400
From: John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com>
To: John Mudd <John.B.Mudd@...il.com>
Cc: musl <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: getaddrinfo, ip address sort order?

Sorry, I see it listed now in release notes.
https://www.musl-libc.org/oldversions.html

Jun 25, 2014
This release adds many features including result sorting in the DNS/hosts
resolver modeled on RFC 3484, default timezone from /etc/localtime, gnu2
TLS dialect (TLSDESC) on i386 and x86_64, sendmmsg/recvmmsg functions
(Linux extensions), fmtmsg function (XSI), and optional arguments in getopt
(GNU extension). Handling of poorly-behaved nameservers (rcode=2 ServFail
result) is also improved, and setting of the %gs thread register is now
supported on pre-2.6 i386 kernels. Several bugs are fixed including a
potentially-important issue in memmem.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:21 AM, John Mudd <johnbmudd@...il.com> wrote:

> I read that getaddrinfo() returns addresses sorted based on RFC 3484. I'm
> using the attached program to test it and I'm not sure if they are sorted.
>
> I looked at the musl getaddrinfo.c here:
> https://github.com/idunham/musl/blob/master/src/network/getaddrinfo.c
>
> I don't see an obvious sort in the code. Is it there?
>
> John

Content of type "text/html" skipped