Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 23:29:58 +0900
From: Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@...il.com>
To: lowrisc-dev@...ts.lowrisc.org
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [GSoC2016] Weekly Report of Porting musl to RISC-V Project #1

Hello all,

It is the second issue of weekly report of porting musl to RISC-V GSoC project.

I am still working on integrating toolchain and building userland.

On the toolchain side, the WIP branch [1] has been upgraded to recent
upstream using riscv-binutils-gdb.

On the userland side, I have built statically-linked BusyBox as the
first target. BusyBox 1.24.2 can be built using [1] and attached
.config file. Using the Linux kernel 4.1.17 + RISC-V patches [2] built
with a glibc-based toolchain and Spike, a system with the busybox
binary boots up, launches init and finally provides a shell!

(I am using Linux kernel built with a glibc-based toolchain because I
am using GCC6 for integration and Linux 4.1.17 has no support for
that.)

However, the shell can't execute other programs with "permission
denied" errors, while built-in commands works well. I try to figure
out the cause.

The progress is slower than what I expected last week but there is no
delay from the proposed plan. In next week, I will debug the issue
above and work on the libc's arch-dependent part.

Have a nice weekend!

[1]: https://github.com/omasanori/riscv-gnu-toolchain/tree/musl
[2]: https://github.com/riscv/riscv-linux

--
Masanori Ogino

Download attachment ".config" of type "application/xml" (32247 bytes)