Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 12:33:29 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, j-core@...ore.org
Subject: Re: Re: [J-core] musl-cross-make / litecross improvements

On Wed, May 04, 2016 at 04:28:18AM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> On 05/02/2016 11:48 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> > I've made a number of improvements and fixes to musl-cross-make which
> > are in the upstream repo now, based on bug reports I got:
> >
> > - Spurious dependency on flex (upstream's fault, worked around)
> > - Spurious dependency on texinfo (ditto)
> > - Ability to use pre-installed gmp/mpc/mpfr libs
> > - Config examples for static linking, no-debug builds.
> >
> > https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make
> >
> > A few things I still plan to add at some point:
>
> Still no native toolchains. :)

In theory all you have to do to get a native toolchain is first build
and install the cross toolchain so that the cross tools are in your
path, then COMMON_CONFIG += --host=$(TARGET). I can test and see if it
works.

Of course it's somewhat large to install on small systems like J2 but
I think you could run it from the sdcard.