Date: Sun, 01 May 2016 17:19:21 -0400
From: anonymous <johnandsara2@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl works in distro x-lsf-2010 - advice of use requested

Hi.  I have "new distro* compiling musl" (easy) - should it build pkgs
against it?

http://sourceforge.net/p/x-lfs-2010/

(to build musl-libc, only required "-std=c99" added to CFLAGS, which is
not default for gcc-4.4.5 which is used)

i have gnu libc6 and libc5 fully sourced and compiled (i can't say i'm
too happy with the complexity but they build and run)

QUESTION: Should I try building gnu automake or other packages against
musl-libc and offer the option to build against musl-libc?  Or is it
more "no, use musl-libc for NEW embedded projects and leave libc6 libc5
as they are for supporting (2010 era) linux bins"

x-lfs-2010 distro build all from scratch (350+ pkg) hands free
overnight, and the end result need to be runtime libc6 and libc5-compat
to run "unix bins" (ie, bins that would work in either slackware or
debian because they are both unix and i386) and mostly: commercial
mathematica around version 4

sure i could build some pkgs against musl-libc but for the big picture
"what issues am i looking at for musl-libc to act as libc and
libc5-compat" and would musl-libc like to see such a development ?

have a good one!