Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 17:38:04 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: j-core@...ore.org
Subject: Re: updated cross-compiler build system

* Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2016-05-01 01:45:02 -0400]:
> I've just pushed the new overhaul of musl-cross-make, my cross
> compiler build system:
>
> https://github.com/richfelker/musl-cross-make
>
> This should make it faster (single-stage), safer (https and hash
> checking), simpler (built-in fetching of gmp & friends), and cleaner
> to build and install cross compilers that can be used to target J-core
> Linux. The sh2eb-linux-muslfdpic target profile in the sample
> config.mak(.dist) file is all you need to select and use. As usual it
> also should work for all other (non J-core) musl targets too.
>
> I've tested it pretty extensively on two systems I use for builds, but
> as this is a big change/overhaul there might be things that break. Let
> me know how using it goes.

nice

i made some mods:

changed $$(LC_ROOT) to $${LC_ROOT} because it seems to
be passed to bash in config.status (as $$(, \$( and  $(
and the last one executes LC_ROOT as a command, this
might be an autoconf bug: it does not escape the args
correctly)

for me make fails in bfd/doc despite MAKINFO=false, but
the export AM_MAKEFLAGS=INFO_DEPS= hack fixed it.

src_mpfr dep was wrong.

i like saving the build log, but 2>&1 might not be what
everybody wants.

and linux headers are often needed to build things so
there could be an install target for it:

install-linuxheaders: install-toolchain
	case $(TARGET) in \
	i*86* | x86_64* | x32*) A=x86 ;; \
	arm*) A=arm ;; \
	aarch64*) A=arm64 ;; \
	mips*) A=mips ;; \
	or1k*) A=openrisc ;; \
	sh* | j[24]*) A=sh ;; \
	powerpc* | ppc*) A=powerpc ;; \
	microblaze*) A=microblaze ;; \
	esac; \
	$(MAKE) -C ../src_linux headers_install ARCH=$$A \
		CROSS_COMPILE=$(DESTDIR)$(OUTPUT)/$(TARGET)- \
		INSTALL_HDR_PATH=$(DESTDIR)$(OUTPUT)/$(TARGET)

View attachment "a.diff" of type "text/x-diff" (1757 bytes)