Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 14:42:36 +0200
From: Sebastian Gottschall <s.gottschall@...wrt.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: recvmsg/sendmsg broken on mips64

Am 01.04.2016 um 14:21 schrieb Masanori Ogino:
> Hello,

>> okay. but musl is a library used with linux only. so if linux uses size_t,
>> then musl must use the same abi.
>> otherwise musl wont work with unimportant programs like "ip" for 64 bit
>> targets (havent checked x64 yet)
> I have a x86_64 box with musl and iproute2 seems to work with current
> (padded) definition.
yes it does. i checked it 30 minutes ago

> You said the code is broken. How/when is it broken?
> Could you give me a test code for the problem? Then, I can test that
> on my x86_64 box.
it only affects mips64 so far. not x64. i checked both using dd-wrt
> (well, of course it may fail if the test code declares the structs
> independently, but then the test *is* broken whether the definition is
> standard-conformant or not.)
with mips64 (octeon) the whole netlink code in iproute2 doesnt work. it
simly fails since recvmsg returns no data. sendmsg is likelly broken in
the same way since it uses the same struct
my dirty musl hack again fixed it by using the same datatypes used in
the kernel. so this might be mips specific.
currently musl does convert the non conform kernel structures to posix
specified structures, but this doesnt seem to work for mips64