Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 18:47:37 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Libc-Test: Tests failing on Ubuntu VM

* Max Ruttenberg <mruttenberg@...technology.com> [2016-03-30 12:18:33 -0400]:
> I've built musl on an Ubuntu VM (x86_64 is the architecture) and have
> installed it to an install directory inside the downloaded clone.
>
> So the compiler is in: /path/to/musl/install/bin/musl-gcc
>
> The loader is in: /path/to/musl/install/lib/libc.so
>
> At the top level of libc-test I run a make like so:
>
> make CC=/path/to/musl/bin/musl-gcc RUN_WRAP=/path/to/musl/lib/libc.so

that's not the intended usage

RUN_WRAP is for qemu or similar tools for running the binaries

you can specify the libc.so by changing the dynamic-linker name
(at least that's enough in case of musl) or installing the
musl-gcc wrapper/musl based toolchain with different dynamic-linker
name, e.g.

make CC='/path/to/musl/bin/musl-gcc -Wl,-dynamic-linker=/path/to/musl/lib/libc.so'

should work (not tested)

> The tests run, I don't get the "no such file or directory" error. But for
> some reason a bunch of tests fail that shouldn't according to the Libc-Test
> wiki. What am I doing wrong? Are these tests dependent on system resources
> that maybe I'm not providing e.g. enough memory? Do I need to run as a sudo
> user as might be suggested by the "Operation not permitted" errors?

static linked binaries cannot be loaded by libc.so so all *-static.exe
failed to run.