Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:10:02 +0900
From: Masanori Ogino <masanori.ogino@...il.com>
To: Alexander Monakov <amonakov@...ras.ru>
Cc: lowrisc-dev@...ts.lowrisc.org, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [GSoC2016] A proposal on porting musl to RISC-V

Thank you for reviewing!

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2016, Masanori Ogino wrote:
>> I published an early draft of my Google Summer of Code 2016 proposal.
>> You can get the draft from:
>> https://github.com/omasanori/gsoc2016-proposal .
>>
>> Check https://github.com/omasanori/gsoc2016-proposal/releases/tag/rev1
>> if you want a PDF file of this revision.
>
> I think at the moment the source file (proposal.md) is a bit more informative
> because it has references to source code, and, more importantly, some URLs to
> relevant projects such as the simulator and libc-test.  The PDF still has the
> URLs, but they are typeset the same as normal text.

References to the source code are comment for myself so they don't
appear in the text. Is it better to put them in the text?

Certainly it is inconvenient that hyperlinks are typeset normally in
the PDF. I'll fix it.

>> Any comment would be appreciated. Feel free to send comments on MLs or GitHub.
>
> It looks nice.  I have two non-essential comments:
>
> - in week 1 tasks, you point out "Implement the startup code, function
>   prologue and epilogue"; the comment references musl's crt startup code, but
>   I don't see what the prologue/epilogue refer to; normally the compiler emits
>   them, unless I'm misunderstanding what you say;

The "function prologue and epilogue" here refer the initialization and
termination code executed before/after the entry point function, say
main().
I'll reconsider the wording here to make it clearly.