Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:19:28 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Open/pending issues as of Jan 17

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 08:54:49AM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 21:37:56 -0500
> Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> > > So it wont be forgotten:
> > > - adding GLOB_TILDE would simplify building quite some projects
> >
> > Thanks. I put this on the roadmap on the wiki, mainly as an aid to
> > remember it. I think we're going to want to shuffle and reprioritize a
> > lot after this release since there's a lot of stuff on there right now
> > and it's not clear to me that the current top items are actually in
> > the most demand.
>
> An unrelated feature request: it would be nice to get netflix working
> with the closed source libwidevinecdm.so and libwidevinecdmadapter.so
>
> ncopa-desktop:~$ ldd /usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdmadapter.so
> 	ldd (0x723cd632b000)
> 	libwidevinecdm.so => /usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so (0x723cd5ba2000)
> 	libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x723cd5852000)
> 	libpthread.so.0 => ldd (0x723cd632b000)
> 	libc.so.6 => ldd (0x723cd632b000)
> 	libm.so.6 => ldd (0x723cd632b000)
> 	libgcc_s.so.1 => /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x723cd563f000)
> Error relocating /usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so: __memcpy_chk: symbol not found
> Error relocating /usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so: __memset_chk: symbol not found
> Error relocating /usr/lib/chromium/libwidevinecdm.so: __sprintf_chk: symbol not found
>

> Adding those symbols for libc6 ABI compat would be a first step.

This is on the roadmap, and there's a pending patch on the list, but
it still needs some changes before it's ready to commit.

Are you aware of anything else blocking support for these libs? It
might be worth doing a symbol listing and checking it against
functions that might have glibc extensions we don't support or the
minor ABI mismatches (non-*64 funcs for 32-bit, or regexec regoff_t
for 64-bit).