Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 00:48:22 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Release progress towards 1.1.13 - almost there

With the bits dedup work I just committed, all of the major roadmap
goals for 1.1.13 have been met. I know there's some demand for search
domains in the dns resolver, so I'd like to try to get that into this
release as well. Other than that I'd like to avoid taking on any new
projects in the next week or so in order to focus on what's left and
get a release out, since it has been a long time now.

If anyone feels like helping with a boring task, doing a diff -ur of
the installed bits headers before and after commit
4dfac11538cb20c848c30d754863800061ee8c81, for each arch, would be able
to confirm that I didn't introduce any stupid breakage.

There's also still one detail I need to get the ARM port building as
pure thumb2 (for v7-m): src/thread/arm/atomics.s is hard to adapt to
thumb. I could make it a .S file and omit it entirely for v7+ builds,
but nommu may need a custom gettp function -- I still need to check
this out. Ideas from anyone with ARM asm experience on ways to adapt
that code, or on whether we can just let the kernel trap the
coprocessor instruction to get the thread pointer and have it work on
nommu, would be quite helpful.