Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:49:45 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for out-of-tree build

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:41:17AM +0100, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> * Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> [2016-01-17 17:32:48 -0500]:
> > As such I've committed/pushed your patch. If anything else turns up
> > that should be fixed/improved that can be done later but I'm quite
> > happy with what we've got now. Thanks for all your work on it and your
> > patience with the process.
> >

> great, thanks
>
> i hit one issue with my messed up source tree: it had
> src/foo/bar.s asm files hanging around in non-arch dirs
>
> previously those were not matched by the wildcard rules.
> time to clean them up i guess..
>
> (and those who have an existing in-tree build probably
> want to run make clean before pulling this commit)

Found one build regression for arm, fixed in commit
b6363bb70aad402be7c548a7ec053b124db076d9.

Another small annoyance we could try to fix: if you have a leftover
src/internal/version.h, the version doesn't get updated when you
rebuild.

I've also made a lot of additional cleanup today. The .sub files and
framework for them are all gone and makefile rules are simplified a
bit in the process. I'm soon going to try to get rid of arch/*/src/*
by putting them in appropriate places in the src/ tree instead, now
that .c files are usable in src/*/$(ARCH), but I may do the atomics
overhaul first since I don't want to bother moving around files I'm
about to remove or rewrite -- in particular, arch/arm/src/atomics.s
and arch/sh/src/atomic.c and related files.

Hopefully I can get through all that tomorrow. I'd like to have the
release out by the end of the month.