Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 20:48:12 +0000 (UTC)
From: Guided Muscle <atguarded-gizmo@...oo.com>
To:  <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Musl bug, or, am I losing my mind?

Hi Szabolcs,
I want to personally thank you, very much, for your help with this issue.
I've moved on. I've found a workaround ...

Thank you.
--
Regards,
GM

 Subject: Re: [musl] Musl bug, or, am I losing my mind?
 To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
 Date: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 3:34 PM

 * Guided Muscle <atguarded-gizmo@...oo.com>
 [2015-12-31 17:31:02 +0000]:
 > Recompiled and installed musl 1.1.12 freshly downloaded
 from the musl web site.
 > configure;make -j2;make install.
 >
 > Oops - just read the INSTALL file in the musl 1.1.12
 directory. I'm using gcc 4.90.
 > Installed gcc 4.8; recompiled musl 1.1.12;
 > configure;make -j2;make install.
 >
 > Test:
 > lua test.lua | ../cdb -c c.cdb
 > cdb: (stdin): bad format

 i think you still use the old libc.so
 make install cannot override /lib/ld-*.so without root

 run

 lua test.lua | musl-build-dir/libc.so ../cdb -c c.cdb