Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 19:59:33 +0000 (UTC)
From: Guided Muscle <atguarded-gizmo@...oo.com>
To:  <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Musl bug, or, am I losing my mind?

Hi Rich,
Awesome.
BTW, I'm only reporting what I have done. I hope it helped.
Thanks
--
GM

 Subject: Re: [musl] Musl bug, or, am I losing my mind?
 To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
 Date: Thursday, December 31, 2015, 2:45 PM

 On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 07:35:38PM
 +0000, Guided Muscle wrote:
 > Oh, I wanted to add that this is probably not a cdb bug
 because cdb,
 > when compiled with gcc or clang, worked for i >
 25000.

 That doesn't necessarily tell you anything. If the program
 is
 producing undefined behavior, it could appear to work under
 arbitrary
 conditions. Or it might not be producing undefined behavior
 but rather
 just making invalid assumptions about the implementation.

 I just tried your test.lua with tinycdb I built myself on
 Alpine Linux
 (x86_64) and could not reproduce the problem. cdb succeeded
 just fine
 reading from pipe. I tried both piping directly from lua,
 and saving
 the output to a file then piping from cat and neither
 produced an
 error.