Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:29:34 -0200
From: Alba Pompeo <albapompeo@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: musl & proprietary programs

Isaac, I just realized nobody on the mailing list received that copy I
sent you. It was delivered to just 1 person by my mistake.
Here's a copy to everyone.

Here's a list of some programs I couldn't get to work - in
alphabetical order and with links to those easily available (no
registration required for free trial).

AIMMS http://download.aimms.com/aimms/download/data/4.13/2.233/Aimms-4.13.2-233.x86_64.rpm
AMPL http://ampl.com/dl/demo/ampl-demo-linux64.tar.gz
MATLAB
Siemens NX
SPSS

It was a colleague that recommended me musl and I immediately loved it
after reading about its goals. But he forgot to tell me about these
shortcomings, which he has too. We both have to dual-boot to use most
proprietary software we need. Maybe we are doing something wrong?

I both thanked my colleague to have introduced me to musl and cursed
him for making my life harder :)
But in general I'm pleased to use musl now. I hope the proprietary
software I need works well.

For now I'd like to focus on AMPL. I got it to run on a chroot as per
my work colleague help, but Rich Felker's suggestions sounds much
better. But I'm out of luck by being a novice user. Does anyone know
of a guide for Void or Alpine (musl distributions) that explain it in
a step-by-step? I couldn't find any.

@Isaac
If it makes things easier, CPLEX can be used instead of MINOS. Does
that helps a bit?

Ciao.