Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 14:52:26 +0100
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: SPARC Support

* Administrator <administrator@...tagetitle.com> [2015-12-06 02:01:50 -0500]:
> Is there anyone working on supporting this architecture? I am using glibc
> for now until i can get musl to compile on it. I am correct, in a perfect
> world, that all i need is to put the necessary files in /arch and fix up the
> configure script to accept the correct ARCH variable?

someone on irc looked at sparc about half a year ago,
but i don't know how far that got.

git log --stat 01ef3dd9c5fa7a56aa370f244dd08e05c73010f5

shows which files were changed in the aarch64 port,
most of them are mandatory for a port.

> Does the /arch dir simply override pre-existing definitions in musl, or are
> there certain files that absolutely have to be there? I see powerpc there,
> which allows me to assume that most of the work regarding endianess is
> already there.

endianness is not an issue (there is nothing in musl
that can meaningfully depend on endianness.. except
some linux syscall api structs need endian dependent
paddings, but that's target specific code).

the real issue is that the linux kernel interfaces
for sparc have a lot of gratuitous incompatibilities
with other targets so doing arch/sparc/bits/*.h
is a significant amount of work.