Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 01:29:06 +0000
From: Petr Hosek <phosek@...omium.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Support for out-of-tree build

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:21 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> I think this is failing to replicate the current behavior where a .sub
> file in src/*/$(ARCH)$(ASMSUBARCH) replaces the .s file in
> src/*/$(ARCH). In cases where both exist we'll end up with duplicate
> symbol errors linking libc.so and both present (with the wrong one
> likely getting used) in libc.a.

I tried various combinations of ARCH and SUBARCH and the behavior seems to
be the same as in current implementation. Do you have any examples?

> This problem will of course disappear when we get rid of .sub files,
> but that doesn't help unless we remove .sub files first.
>
> I suppose all that's needed for now is to add more EXCLUDE_OBJS using
> the same input but with:
>
>         $(subst /$(ARCH)$(ASMSUBARCH)/,/$(ARCH)/,...
>
> instead of:
>
>         $(subst /$(ARCH)$(ASMSUBARCH)/,/,...
>
> Does this sound right?

When I tried this change, I started getting duplicate symbol errors when
linking libc.so, but with the original it seems to be working fine (this
particular case was when ARCH=arm SUBARCH=hf ASMSUBARCH=ebhf).

Content of type "text/html" skipped