Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 06:15:20 +0000
From: Petr Hosek <phosek@...omium.org>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Support for multiarch/multilib

We're using musl in multiarch/multilib setup (i386/x86-64) and it works
fine, except for header duplication. Given two architectures,
i386-linux-gnu and x86_64-linux-gnu, I'd like to install the shared headers
into /usr/include, and install bits (what is normally in include/bits) for
each architecture into the respective subfolders
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits and /usr/x86_64-linux-gnu.

I can obviously achieve by copying/moving files after install, but I'd
prefer to have the support for that scenario directly in the Makefile.
Would you accept such patch?

There are two possible ways to implements this I can think of: (1) add a
separate targets such as install-arch-headers and install-generic-headers,
or (2) define additional Makefile variable such as includebits which would
be set to $(includedir)/bits by default but could be overridden when
invoking make. Do you have strong preference for either of these solutions?

Content of type "text/html" skipped