Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 14:51:12 +0530
From: Mahesh Bodapati <maheshbodapati90@...il.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl mips n64 dynamic build

Hi Rich,

I have ported musl libraries for MIPS n64 ABI architecture and I have setup
$gp as

Crt1.s:

*lui           $3,%hi(%neg(%gp_rel(_start)))*

*            daddu
$3,$3,$25                                                /* same in dlsym.s
and pipe.s */*

*            daddiu  $gp,$3,%lo(%neg(%gp_rel(_start)))*

            ld      $4, %got_disp(main)($gp)   # Get main() ..

I didn’t setup $gp as in MIPS o32 ABI as we shouldn’t use _*gp*_disp for
setting up $gp

“The special symbol name _gp_disp, used for relocating the calculation of gp
on entry to a DSO in 32-bit files, is

not supported in ELF-64 or in the new 32-bit ABI. Instead, these relocations
should be composed with

R_MIPS_GPREL applied to an explicit symbol for the entry point of the
subprogram

involves loading the difference between the entry

address of a subprogram s and the runtime gp for establishing gp: