Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2015 18:42:43 +0200
From: Laurent Bercot <ska-dietlibc@...rnet.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: linux/vt.h

On 03/10/2015 15:01, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> Good question. Conventional wisdom states that one must keep the
> headers glibc was compiled against, not the headers of the current
> kernel, but the why is never explained.

  AIUI, it's a question of ABI. Your applications are linked against
the libc, not against the kernel: it's important for applications
and the libc to have the same definitions, else there's no guarantee
they'll work together. Whereas the kernel/userspace ABI is supposed
to be stable, so it's not supposed to matter if the current kernel
has different headers than the ones the libc was compiled against.
  Other people will correct me if I'm wrong.

--
  Laurent