Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 16:15:12 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: linux/vt.h

On Thu, Oct 01, 2015 at 01:02:51PM -0700, Jorge Almeida wrote:
> Greetings
>
> <sys/vt.h> includes <linux/vt.h>, but there is no such thing

There are a couple of headers like this that are questionable to have
in musl at all, but it seemed like the most sensible place to have
them. I think sys/soundcard.h and sys/kd.h are also like this. These
are headers that really have nothing to do with libc or userspace
stuff; they just define ioctl interfaces to the Linux kernel. But
for various historical reasons they were in sys/ rather than linux/
where the kernel headers would go.

In order to use these, you need to have kernel headers installed.
There are several ways to get them, but the easiest is the way
provided by the kernel:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/kbuild/headers_install.txt

You should point INSTALL_HDR_PATH to the location of the musl include
dir if you use this method.

Alternatively if you don't want to download and extract the whole
kernel source, Sabotage Linux has a working kernels headers package;
you can simply download from their mirrors listed in the package file:

https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/blob/master/pkg/kernel-headers

Hope this helps.

BTW once the wiki is back up we should put this on the FAQ if it's not
already there..