Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 08:17:14 -0500
From: "Sidney Manning" <sidneym@...eaurora.org>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: RE: Support for .S files

> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 01:52:26PM -0500, Sidney Manning wrote:
> > Clang and gcc do not invoke the preprocessor on files with a lowercase
> > .s suffix.
> >
> > The following addition would permit uppercase .S files.
>
> The intention was to avoid using the preprocessor in asm and having it
> become #ifdef hell. This could be revisited (especially now as part of the
arch
> deduplication/refactoring) but there should first be some discussion of
the
> motivation (what you want to achieve with it).

I was experimenting with some optimized assembly and it substituted #defines
in place of register names.  Think, "#define length r2" and such making the
resulting assembly more readable.  I had made some missteps with the
Makefile because the files didn't get picked up; only later did I see that
the pattern wasn't in the Makefile.

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by
The Linux Foundation