Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:21:08 +0300 (MSK)
From: Alexander Monakov <amonakov@...ras.ru>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: _Unwind_Backtrace crashes

I was able to reproduce this using the musl-gcc wrapper on a glibc-based
system.  I tracked it down to dl_iterate_phdr callback in libgcc failing to
find PT_GNU_EH_FRAME header in this loop:

https://gcc.gnu.org/git/?p=gcc.git;a=blob;f=libgcc/unwind-dw2-fde-dip.c;h=137dced8d558b9f786d935c8e4ab73200fb6409d;hb=HEAD#l267

And indeed adding -Wl,--eh-frame-hdr to the musl-gcc command line fixes it.

Normally this ld option is present in built-in specs, but musl-gcc's specs
don't set it.

Alexander