Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 02:44:11 +0200
From: Christian Lamparter <chunkeey@...glemail.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: SuperH conflict of arch/sh/__set_thread_area vs thread/__set_thread_area

Hello,

I'm trying to add a port for a SH4-like ARCH to OpenWRT, which uses the latest
musl-1.1.10 as the default libc. I'm having the following problem when building
the toolchain:

During the final linker-step, the symbol "__set_thread_area"  declared twice.
This is because the SH architecture provides a separate __set_thread_area [0],
(other archs use the standard syscall wrapper from [1]).

Obviously, I want this issue fixed. However I'm new to SuperH and musl, that's
why I need advise :-D. For now, I defined the src/thread/__set_thread_area as
a weak symbol. Now, that's just a crude hack, what would be better solution?
(I can make and post the patch if necessary - But sadly, I can't test it on the
hardware yet)?

Regards,
Christian

[0] <http://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/tree/arch/sh/src/__set_thread_area.c>