Date:   Thu, 2 Jul 2015 20:23:49 +0100 (BST)
From:   "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@...ux-mips.org>
To:     Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
cc:     Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@...ux-m68k.org>,
        Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>,
        Andreas Schwab <schwab@...ux-m68k.org>,
        musl@...ts.openwall.com, libc-alpha@...rceware.org,
        Linux-sh list <linux-sh@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Re: SH sigcontext ABI is broken

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015, Rob Landley wrote:

> >> My bad. Indeed only the davej one is broken, but that's where the code
> >> must have been introduced (even the earliest commit in tglx
> >> history.git has the #ifdef __SH4__ for FPU regs) and I can't find a
> >> cgit interface to it. Fetching several GB to browse history locally is
> >> going to take a while if I have to do that..
> >
> > Using web interfaces for archeology doesn't fly.
> > If you're doing serious Linux work, you should already have a git repository
> > of the kernel. full-history-linux.git.tar weights in at only ca. 0.5 giB.
>
> I have a somewhat updated version of that at
> http://landley.net/kdocs/local/linux-fullhist.tar.bz2 which I should
> probably update for the 4.0 release. (It's pulled to 3.0 currently.)

 For the record the LMO tree <git://git.linux-mips.org/pub/scm/ralf/linux>
has a full history recorded and is in sync with kernel.org.  There's some
GIT magic that cuts some operations like `git log' at 2.6.12-rc2, but you
can go beyond that if you know the right commit id, e.g.:

$ git log -p 66f0a432 -- arch/sh

I can see the initial SH import was with 2.3.19.

  Maciej