Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 19:13:08 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Progress since 1.1.9

Fixed regressions from 1.1.9:
- Inability to build as thumb2 for ARM
- i386 thread-pointer-init breakage under qmeu-user
- Broken copy relocations on PowerPC
- Problems with crt_arch.h on some archs/toolchains
- PIC violations in crt_arch.h based Scrt1.o with vis.h in use

Other fixes:
- Null deref in gettext
- Broken stack alignment in mips Scrt1.o and dynamic linker

Locale work:
- Removing TLS avoidance hacks
- Removing unecessary use of low-level atomics
- Static fail-safe C locales for newlocale to return
- Saving locale name for all categories

New features/enhancements:
- Production of rcrt1.o start file for static PIE
- "CHAR" and "" support in iconv_open
- SH4a inline atomics

Out-of-tree work:
- Refactoring atomics for archs that provide only LLSC or CAS
- New internal-lock/normal-type-mutex design

The one roadmap item I don't have any progress on is what to do with
the libgcc_s symbol version mess, and I think we should probably just
hold off until the next release cycle for that now.

Please test and report any new regressions -- see the above list for
areas that might have regressions. I'll try to keep making a few more
improvements over the next few days and try to get another release
packaged soon!