Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 03:53:26 +0200
From: Shiz <hi@...z.me>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Paulo Castro <p.oliveira.castro@...il.com>,
 simoes.lucas.silva@...il.com
Subject: Re: Using Musl with LLVM/Clang

> On 26 May 2015, at 03:37, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
>
> The main reason we need a specfile for gcc rather than just -nostdinc
> and -nostdlib is that the latter does not suppress search of the
> default library paths, just the libraries, i.e. it removes the -l's
> but not the -L's. If you can find a way to remove the default -L's for
> clang then it should be easy.
>
> Rich

Sadly, after looking at the clang driver source[1], there seems to be no
such option: it unconditionally adds the library paths. Unless there’s
some way to influence ToolChain.getFilePaths(), it doesn’t seem like it
can be done without modifying the clang source code.

-S

[1]: https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/blob/9a5a6f0e149ba035168641ca6dc4e3b3e5aa29b5/lib/Driver/Tools.cpp#L8009

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (802 bytes)