Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 23:24:32 -0700
From: Michael Forney <mforney@...rney.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: getopt_long incompatibility

Hi,

I noticed when building gzip with musl that gnulib is still replacing
getopt and getopt_long. After some investigation, it looks to be because
it expects getopt_long to accept ambiguous options with the same
has_arg, flag, and val values[0].

The code responsible for this seems to only do this for getopt_long and
not getopt_long_only[1]. I have no idea why, but since musl aims to
conform to glibc's getopt_long behavior, we should probably do the same.

[0] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnulib.git/tree/m4/getopt.m4#n313
[1] http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=posix/getopt.c;hb=HEAD#l562

--
Michael Forney <mforney@...rney.org>