Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 13:50:36 +0200
From: Harald Becker <ralda@....de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Security advisory for musl libc - stack-based buffer
 overflow in ipv6 literal parsing [CVE-2015-1817]

Hi Rich !

 > On 20.04.2015 13:20, Kurt H Maier wrote:
>> Quoting Harald Becker <ralda@....de>:
>>> Sending mail still fails, see appended screen shot of Thunderbird
>>> message!
>>
>> Testing this, I get random failures and/or delays when looking up
>> libc.org MX records, usually from DNS3.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM.

Random delays? One suggestion: Rich are you able to add several MX
records for your domain, with the same address? e.g.

10 mail.aerifal.cx.
20 mail.aerifal.cx.
30 mail.aerifal.cx.
40 mail.aerifal.cx.
50 mail.aerifal.cx.

This may help to solve random lookup problems, as the lookup proceed
with the other entries, when the first fails. This should add some
retrial to the providers address lookup.

AFAIR, anywhere exists an official suggestion to have at least 5 MX
records for each domain, may be all pointing to same address. I think
those random failures are exactly the reason for this suggestion.

Harald