Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 20:13:50 +0200
From: Harald Becker <ralda@...ress4me.eu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Security advisory for musl libc - stack-based buffer
 overflow in ipv6 literal parsing [CVE-2015-1817]

Hi Rich !

On 18.04.2015 18:37, Rich Felker wrote:
> Odd. I just verified that  Google's 8.8.8.8 resolves it right, so I
 > don't know what's wrong, but it seems to be on your end. Let me know
 > if you find anything that looks like a problem on my side.

I verified this again:

A-record lookup gets correct address, but MX lookup get's:

libc.org    mail exchanger = 10 mail.aerifal.cx.

... and that neither works when using Mozilla Thunderbird, nor claws
mail on any current Linux distribution, when sending through the mail
relay of GMX (United Internet = one of the major Internet provider in
Germany). The SMTP to the mail relay rejects any mail to domain libc.org
(SMTP error response).

Sorry it's neither my software, nor is there any way for me to change
the kind of lookup done on the mail relay of the provider. Postmaster
answer of mail relay was simple: Not a failure of mail relay, your MX
lookup erroneously return a CNAME and not an IP address.

Harald