Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2015 16:40:22 -0400
From: Jean-Marc Pigeon <jmp@...e.ca>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: perl native musl, ldd

On 04/02/2015 02:48 PM, u-wsnj@...ey.se wrote:

>> I am using a packager using ldd to establish
>> dependencies list.
>
> I would not say reporting the symbols is a bug, rather that the packager
> is kind of relying on UB. Is there a specification of how a program called
> "ldd" shall format its output and which data shall be present?
>
> Rune

Packager Relying on ldd UB, sure!.
Using ldd was the best way I found to list one package all
dependencies (looking at ELF file type ans searching for
required external components).
If you have a better way (more standard) to propose not using
ldd that will be a good thing. idea?

--

A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                        E-Mail: jmp@...e.ca