Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 14:59:56 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: 8cc C Compiler

On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 08:42:49PM +0100, Daniel Cegiełka wrote:

> > Have you done any analysis on what would be needed to get it compiling
> > musl? I suspect some minor extensions would be needed and it would be
> > nice to know if the author is open to such changes.
>
> I think this is the answer to the above:
>
> "Note: Do not have high expectations on this compiler. If you try to
> compile a program other than the compiler itself, there's a good
> chance to see compile errors or miscompilations. This is basically a
> one-man project, and I have spent only a few months of my spare time
> so far."
>
> but it does not change the fact that the compiler is really amazing...

Assuming it's complete to C11 but without any GNU extensions, that's
really really close to being able to compile musl libc.a. I read that
the author isn't interested in large patches, but that doesn't mean
that proposing the idea of getting it into a state where it could
compile musl would be unreasonable, or that proposing specific small
patches would.