Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 16:13:22 +0700
From: Рысь <lynx@...server.ru>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: musl and android

Hello all!

Are there any efforts or even a project which aims to port musl to
android platform?

For a year I slowly had built and running a couple of C tty only
programs such as iptables, tcpdump and of course busybox and many
others including my own with musl libc linked statically. They work
perfectly (no much differences between an ARM phone and, for example,
raspberry pi SoC) but a few items I missed:

+ Proper DNS resolving is not available
+ Translation of android special user names is not done

As an advanced Linux user I know that android is not friendly enough to
plain C stuff and it's libc is even not finished now so I aimed to port
at least listed things to musl.

Because I am not going beyond listed items, a patch can be developed
just to support these inside musl-linked binaries.

I am first here or there is already someone who done this before?