Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 15:25:57 -0800
From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com>
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@...d.ltu.se>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, pcc@...ts.ludd.ltu.se
Subject: Re: [Pcc] pcc i386 -fPIC compiler error on src/complex/catanf.c

On Mon, Jan 05, 2015 at 11:31:11AM +0100, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> Thanks, fixed now.
> Float complex struct return were not dealt with as it should in the PIC
> case.

Thank you, but I'm afraid that now I'm getting another error for most code
when I compile with -fPIC:
$ pcc -fPIC argvname.c -o argvname
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:1: Error: no such instruction: `pucext'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:2: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:3: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:5: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:6: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:7: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
/tmp/ctm.HhEooN:8: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `0'
error: as terminated with status 1

argvname.c is a trivial example, as follows:
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	puts(argv[0]);
}
EOF

I'm getting the impression that this was debugging code dumping some of
the compiler state (at line 174, arch/i386/local.c).
Is that correct?

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham