Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 11:15:16 -0600
From: Josiah Worcester <josiahw@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: the case for __MUSL__

On Dec 29, 2014 10:27 AM, "Richard Gorton" <
rcgorton@...nitive-electronics.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on getting C++ working for our target: we use clang, and
libcxx/libcxxabi libraries from llvm.org
> it seems to me (as I'm doing this) that instead of doing things like
>
> // Our compiler defines __COGNITIVE__
> #if defined(__COGNITIVE__)
>
> It would make more sense to use
>
> #if defined(__MUSL__)
>

> I'm not proposing/suggesting use of this within musl itself, but for use
in other libraries (such as libcxx) which 'know' about the internal
implementation of libc.
> Thoughts & Comments appreciated
>

> An example case is in libcxx/src/locale.cpp, where there are bits of code
related to accessing the current locale:

I suspect the thing to do here is more to iterate over the set of chars and
construct the table as needed: there's no sensible interface to this bit of
functionality in a standard way (and musl to my knowledge doesn't have the
table you want exposed anywhere). Note that doing it that way ought to just
work anywhere.

Content of type "text/html" skipped