Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 10:28:44 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [RFC] EINTR and PC loser-ing library design

On Mon, Dec 08, 2014 at 04:18:48PM +0100, dannym@...atchpost.org wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SysV msgrcv (POSIX.1-2001) explicitly states that it never
> automatically restarts the syscall, it also mentions SA_RESTART to
> be of no effect for it. So one can always receive EINTR, SA_RESTART
> or not.

I don't see any such documentation that it ignores SA_RESTART in
POSIX, looking at both Issue 7 (2008) and Issue 6. What document are
you looking at for it?

The only such exception I'm aware of is that POSIX allows, but does
not require, select to fail with EINTR even when SA_RESTART is used.
This is fairly inconsequential since select is almost always used in a
manner where failure results in a retry.