Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:13:11 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: webkitfltk segfaults in do_relocs

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:04:47AM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 11:50:50AM -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 08:44:15AM -0800, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > > I've been trying to get WebkitFLTK[1] working on Alpine, and I have it
> > > building.
> > > But as usual, that's the easy part. The test program,
> > > Source/WebKit/fltk/testapp/testapp, segfaults in do_relocs.
> > > I'm attaching the output of bt full.
> >
> > Could you also provide a disassembly and register dump at the point of
> > crash?
> >
> Attaching output of gdb disassemble and info all-registers.
>
> It's segfaulting "at line 365 of src/ldso/dynlink.c", for what that's worth.
>
> I'm providing the link command as well in case the problem is there.

It looks like it's trying to apply a relocation to a read-only part of
the mapping. Could you provide the output of readelf -a testapp? That
would let me get an idea what's going on. It's probably too big to
send as an attachment raw but compressing it with gzip will probably
make it okay, or you could just send a link to a pastebin or similar
(sprunge.us preferred).