Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:54:25 -0500
From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: issues with headers?

Firstly i would like to say thanks for everyone's response.
i was using a bad (older) version of gmp from back when i thought i was
having compatibility issues, updating gmp to the second to latest version
(5.1 series) works perfectly. I then had problems with the MPFR and MPC
config.sub files which i found on gregorr musl-cross website.

Now im having problems during the MPC build. I pulled the patch from the
github/smaeul/starch/master/pkgbuilds site for mpfr and that did not
resolve the issue.  The issue being that I am building code in
/root/code/build/ and it looks in that directory for gmp but resorts to the
source directory for mpfr in /root/code/gcc/mpfr/  Why is it doing this? A
config/patch issue i missed?

Attached is the mpc config.log. you can see the issue i am referring to
right at the top in the command line invocation which im pasting below. Is
there a file i can edit to correct the invocation?

Invocation command line was

  $ /root/code/gcc/mpc/configure --cache-file=./config.cache --disable-nls
--disable-shared --enable-static --without-headers --with-newlib
--disable-decimal-float --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap
--disable-libssp --disable-libatomic --disable-libquadmath
--disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap --disable-threads
--prefix=/root/cross/tools/ --with-sysroot=/root/cross/
--enable-languages=c,lto --program-transform-name=s,y,y,
--disable-option-checking --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=i686-linux-musl
--target=i686-linux-musl --srcdir=../../gcc/mpc --disable-shared
--with-gmp-include=/root/code/build/./gmp
--with-gmp-lib=/root/code/build/./gmp/.libs
--with-mpfr-include=/root/code/gcc/mpfr
--with-mpfr-lib=/root/code/build/./mpfr/.libs

Thanks,
Stephen

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Weldon Goree <Weldon@...gurwallah.org>
wrote:

> On Saturday 15 November 2014 01:19 AM, stephen Turner wrote:
>
>> GMP errors out with "invalid configuration 'non-pc-linux-musl' not
>> recognized. Im using the --target and --host flags i686-linux-musl and
>> --build i686-linux-gnu.  I also tried switching to a chroot musl env and
>> running a plain configure on gmp only and it complains the compiler cant
>> create executables which i know to be false.
>>
>> Will GMP compile on a musl system?
>> Google search showed one other person with the issue but no answer.
>>
>> thanks,
>> stephen
>>

> Side note, GMP doesn't accept --target, just --build and --host. It builds
> fine for me with
>
> --build=x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu --host=i486-linux-musl
>
> Since version 5.1 or so its config.sub file has recognized musl as a
> system library (MPC and MPFR still need it added to their config.sub).
>
> WMG

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "config.log" of type "application/octet-stream" (34950 bytes)