Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:18:43 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Possible bug: MINSIGSTKSZ values

Currently musl has MINSIGSTKSZ hard-coded as 2048. This is
insufficient to store the ucontext_t for many archs. I'd like to keep
it small on archs where that's possible, but the current value might
not even work for modern x86 with large AVX state, etc. that needs to
be saved. I don't have a proposed fix yet, but I think we should
survey the values that are needed for different archs and either make
it vary per-arch, or if they're all comparable, just increase the
value to something that works for all archs.

Note that the min pthread stack size is also well below the size of
ucontext_t for many archs, but I don't think this is a problem. If you
make a thread with a stack smaller than MINSIGSTKSZ+epsilon, you just
need to start it with all signals blocked and leave them blocked (or
avoid using signal handlers at all).