Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 16:51:38 -0500
From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Busybox awk errors

That's interesting. I have a script that downloads every time i install
busybox from the "latest" folder on their server and sets up the links
automagically. Thanks for the quick response, i'm going to try gawk and
check in with the busybox maintainers to make sure that's a current
version.

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 04:10:28PM -0500, stephen Turner wrote:
> > Quick question for those using a busybox based musl system,
> >
> > I can cross compile musl programs fine on my host debian system (using a
> > dynamically linked gcc/binutils/musl toolchain (thanks for all the help
> > getting that working!)) but the build environment i'm making (which could
> > very well be broke as hell) Partially compiles gcc then errors out
> > complaining about
> >
> > "awk -f /blah/blah/i386-builtin-types.awk
> /blah/blah/i386-builtin-types.def
> > > tmp-bt.inc"
> > "awk /blah/blah/i386-builtin-types.awk:164 call to undefined function"
> > "t-i386: recipe for target s-i386-bt failed"
> >
> > The biggest difference obviously is the use of gnu programs on debian vs
> > the busybox system that's failing.
> >
> > Has anyone working with similar setups seen this issue before? I guess I
> > could just install gawk and try again to prove if its the busybox awk or
> > not.....
>
> I think this particular failure was a bug in busybox that was fixed
> more than a year ago. But if you have further problems and it's
> practical for you to use gawk, that should be a solution too.
>
> Rich

Content of type "text/html" skipped