Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 17:56:40 +0300
From: Sergey Dmitrouk <sdmitrouk@...esssoftek.com>
To: <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Why stdout_write checks for terminal?

Hi,

the code in src/stdio/__stdout_write.c checks whether output is going to
a terminal and if it's not the case disables line buffering.  I'm
wondering what's the reason behind this?  This causes some programs to
produce different output depending whether stdout is terminal or not,
not a bit deal, but I don't see much profit in disabling buffering
either.

Regards,
Sergey