Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:30:15 +0000
From: Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libgcc errors

On October 10, 2014 4:01:10 PM CDT, stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com> wrote:
>As previously mentioned I wiped and installed a clean debian. I did a
>absolute minimum default install no desktop etc compiled the latest
>stable
>musl, m4, gmp, mpfr, mpc, and downloaded gcc 4.7.3 with
>gregorr/musl-cross
>patch to match.

I'm assuming you're using musl-gcc to compile m4, gmp, mpfr, mpc, binutils(!), and gcc.

>Its having a problem finding/using libmpc.so.3 but the paths appear to
>point to the directory which it is located. to be sure i even specified
>using the --with-mpc flag.

You're almost there! All you have to do is tell musl where to find shared libraries. From the documentation:

../etc/ld-musl-$(ARCH).path, taken relative to the location of the "program interpreter" specified in the program's headers - if present, this will be processed as a text file containing the shared library search path, with components delimited by newlines or colons. If absent, a default path of"/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib" will be used. Not used by static-linked programs.

You need make that file and put /root/cross/i686-linux-musl/lib in there. You compiled gcc fine, but the new gcc's backend isn't running because it can't find the shared libraries you compiled earlier because they aren't in a standard path.

--
Regards,
Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net>