Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 18:04:15 -0400
From: "writeonce@...ipix.org" <writeonce@...ipix.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: libgcc errors

On 10/09/2014 05:43 PM, Samuel Holland wrote:
> On October 9, 2014 4:08:35 PM CDT, stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com> wrote:
>> Thanks Samuel,
>> I would use the musl-gcc wrapper (and have) however once gcc is compiled
> >from it then it does not support dynamic linking due to the lack of --host
>> (suggested) or --target (what seems more appropriate to me) specified in
>> the configure flags. If i do specify it then i get all kinds of crazy
>> errors

These errors are partly the result of how gcc passes environment
variables to the configure scripts and make recipes in its
sub-directories.  In cbb, such errors were the motivation for 1) not
using musl-gcc directly, but rather passing -specs=$specs_file to the
gcc configure script, and 2) using the $script_xgcc_for_specs
environment variable, and applying the related patch to gcc's Makefile.in.

>> which is why i consulted this mailing list in the first place since
>> i have tried googling my way through documentation for a month prior to
>> asking for help.
> It took me an entire summer to figure this all out.

+1 :)