Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 18:40:49 -0400
From: stephen Turner <stephen.n.turner@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: converting gcc from glibc to musl

Gcc is dying with /bin/bash i686-linux-musl-gcc command not found about
half to 3/4 way through build.  I know this is not enough info to help
diagnose the issue but unlike errors during config, its not pointing me to
a compile error log. I will be more than happy to provide anything you need
just let me know what that is.

thanks for your help.

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 4:47 PM, Samuel Holland <samuel@...lland.net> wrote:

> On 2014-10-02 15:31, stephen Turner wrote:
>
>> since patching with the recommended patch (the one i had wasnt a full
>> patch
>> apparently) i have been able to use this option --host=i686-linux-musl
>> however now when i compile i run into new issues.
>>
>> Firstly gmp, mpfr, and mpc do not like this flag obviously since they do
>> not have the musl settings patched in so i cant compile with the musl
>> wrapper because i cannot include those math libraries and when i try to
>> prebuild them and use the flag --with-mpfr=/target/location it errors out
>> saying it cant find any compatible versions of these libs/headers.
>>

> Overriding the host is really only necessary for a few programs like gcc.
> Most
> will work fine with musl, even though they detect your system as
> "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
> That said, if you want to use --host on all of your programs, all you need
> is a
> patch like the one here[0]. There are four or five different variations of
> the patch
> though, depending on what version/configuration of autotools the project
> uses.
>
> [0] https://github.com/smaeul/starch/blob/master/pkgbuilds/
> libmpfr/libmpfr-musl.patch
>
> --