Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 21:50:30 +0530
From: Weldon Goree <weldon@...gurwallah.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: A running list of questions from "porting" Slackware to
 musl

On 09/30/2014 08:29 PM, stephen Turner wrote:
> Weldon, i actually started building my own lfs with musl and i am
> currently contemplating my own distribution centered around my
> experiences in the IT field. Do you have a good source for building out
> a complete system capable of compiling? Im currently working on a
> minimal build environment using Busybox, Bash, Linux-Headers, Musl,
> Make, Binutils, Glibc (with dependent math libs)  And i am capable of
> building a working system however when you test it the compiled files
> (a.out) are not working even after verifying they are executable (chmod +x)
>
> any thoughts?

Well, for this latest project I've been using Slackware's ARM port
documentation (http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/armport/), though
obviously the particulars of $TARGET and $HOST are different (but pretty
easily substituded). Cross Linux From Scratch (http://cross-lfs.org/)
helped too, though some of the things they do are frankly psychotic,
particularly with gcc's spec file (seriously: ignore all of that and
just use CFLAGS and LDFLAGS).

I've also got a side-side project going on to do a radically simplified
Linux userland (as few code paths as possible), and that's pretty
straightforward from Sabotage (even if sabotage isn't doing what you're
doing, it's worth reading what they're doing:
https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage) as well as the good people
at suckless (http://suckless.org).

Cheers,
Weldon