Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:18:08 +0200
From: "piranna@...il.com" <piranna@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug on fstat()?

> Make sure everything picks up the correct compiler and include paths.

I've review the compilation output and in the last command, I have
seen it's using g++ for linking and in fact is throwing the same
errors about "Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications
requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used
for linking" (I've missed them because since all the compilation was
being done by musl-gcc and exit status was ok, I though everything was
compiled correctly. My fault).

I have reviewed the generated makefiles and found this paragraph
regarding th g++ linking:

# C++ apps need to be linked with g++.
#
# Note: flock is used to seralize linking. Linking is a memory-intensive
# process so running parallel links can often lead to thrashing.  To disable
# the serialization, override LINK via an envrionment variable as follows:
#
#   export LINK=g++
#
# This will allow make to invoke N linker processes as specified in -jN.
LINK ?= flock $(builddir)/linker.lock $(CXX.target)

So, is g++ mandatory for compilation? Is there any solution? I'll try
to set CXX to musl-gcc too, but didn't see anything about this and I'm
not sure if it would work... If it doesn't work, would I need to
create a musl-g++ wrapper?

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux