Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 23:23:27 +0200
From: "piranna@...il.com" <piranna@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug on fstat()?

> What prefix is musl-gcc installed in?

I'm using the musl packages availables on Ubuntu Unicorn, musl-gcc is
available at /usr/bin/musl-gcc and musl includes are at
/usr/include/i386-linux-musl

> And have you done anything to modify it or added additional include paths for it? The above symlinks don't make sense for a typical out-of-the-box installation.

I've not modified musl source code, only modifications have been to
add that symlinks for linux, asm & asm-generic includes so they are
available to Node.js during compilation. I didn't found a cleaner way
to do it. They are not required by Node.js itself, but instead by
libuv.

> I suspect you've somehow gotten -I/usr/include added to the CFLAGS during build
> (either doing it yourself, or as a result of a broken build script) if
> adding symlinks to /usr/include made a difference, in which case you
> may be using glibc's headers, not musl's, and thus getting broken
> results.

The build scripts are generated by GYP and the Node.js build process,
that I'm generating with

CC=musl-gcc ./configure --fully-static --without-ssl

(--fully-static is a flag that I've patched that adds '-static' to gcc call)

/usr/include should not be referenced, if so, I wouldn't need to add
the symlinks for /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm-generic :-/
Anyway, I'll review the full build process.

Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux