Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:47:42 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Khem Raj <raj.khem@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: the definition of (u)int64_t with gcc -m32 in stdint.h

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 08:25:40AM -0700, Khem Raj wrote:
> > so on musl it is 'long' but on uclibc its 'long long int'.
> >
> > That explains why it works on uclibc but not on musl.
> >
> > Now, what is the proper way to fix it? Preferible without replacing
> > all (u)int*_t all places in xen code. I doubt upstream will accept that.
> >

> Do we support multilib with musl yes ?

With separate include dirs for each, yes. But not using the same
includes. glibc treats i386 and x86_64 (and x32) basically as a common
arch, at least as far as headers are concerned, with a lot of the
header content being determined at compile time via __WORDSIZE or
similar. musl treats them all as separate.

Presumably gcc can be configured, at least via the spec file if
nothing else, to use a different include dir when -m32 is passed.