Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:56:41 -0400
From: Alec Salazar <alec.j.salazar@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: XPG4

Ok, gtk thanks.
Is there a functional difference between
-               fmt = nl_langinfo(_DATE_FMT);
+               fmt = "%c %Z";
as far as localization is concerned? fmt as the 3rd arg for strftime. I
imagine there is otherwise what's the use of nl_langinfo, but I haven't
been able to make sense of the locale docs yet. Or is it reasonable to
suggest adding string.h to concat the %Z on the end of nl_langinfo(D_T_FMT)?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 8:42 PM, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@...il.com> wrote:

> xpg4 is not the latest X/Open standard, it's the oldest (early 1990s if I
> remember correctly).
> SUSv4(TC1)/POSIX2013 is the latest, and that's what musl is written to.
>
> HTH,
> Isaac Dunham

Content of type "text/html" skipped